[TriLUG] Fwd: Job post: Senior Support Engineer at rPath, Inc.

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Tue Jun 12 08:47:57 EDT 2007

View job listing:
http://www.linkedin.com/e/vjb/320509/

Company: rPath, Inc.
Job Title: Senior Support Engineer
team. We're changing the face of computing; for that we need your help.

We're looking for people with a proven track record to provide
highly-responsive (and highly-personalized) support to one of rPath's most
prestigious customers. In other words, if you astound coworkers with your
Linux expertise AND you're also the person people turn to when they need
someone to go with them when buying a used car, you just might be the kind of
person we're looking for.

This position is located in Raleigh, NC - if you're not local, you must be
willing to relocate. This position requires less than 10-20% travel. Still
interested? You'll need to be able to say "yes" to the following:

    * Highly proficient in Linux system administration skills.
    * Familiar with the structure and assembly of the Linux operating system.
    * Comfortable developing and building software packages in multiple
programming languages, including C, Java, Python, and Perl.
    * Proficient with Linux packaging technologies (RPM or Conary, for
example).
    * Familiar with source code management concepts and current software
engineering methodologies.
    * Able to accurately convey complex concepts via concise and simple
English (both written and verbally).
    * Able to effectively work within a global team, as some team members and
customers may not speak English as a native language.
    * Able to manage multiple customer-oriented projects, tasks, and issues
per contractual response and resolution times.
    * Perform engineering/developer-level diagnosis for customer issues.
    * Excel at managing customer expectations and working with a variety of
customer infrastructure configurations.
    * Available after-hours on an as-needed basis for emergency production
support supplementing our onsite personnel.
    * Have two years Help Desk experience in an Information Technology company
and/or two years technical experience in a customer-centric company.

Any of the following would be a definite plus:

    * A college degree in Communications, Business, or Computer Science.

Basically, you need to have superlative communication skills (as well as know
what "superlative" means), strong technical skills in the Linux space, and be
familiar with the ways of business.

Did we just describe you? If so, let's talk! If you make the grade, you'll be
working with some of the best and brightest the industry has to offer.

E-mail your resume to jobs at rpath.com, with the subject "Senior Support
Engineer".