[TriLUG] making Linux look like Windows XP

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 03:07:40 EDT 2007

On 6/11/07, Tim Jowers <timjowers at gmail.com> wrote:
>   I attended the IBM OpenSource VP's talk (Bob Sutor?) at Chapel Hill a few
> months back. The Open Source club at Chapel Hill was brainstorming about how
> to promote Open Source there. Apparently all of the students get a
> (Windows-based) system image from some department of the school. So, their
> idea was to hand out Knoppix or portableapps type materials to each student.
> I guess the concept is most people do not even know what Open Source is,
> Linux is, OpenOffice.org is, et cetera. I guess you cannot recognize freedom
> if you've never seen it.

Yep, and if you want to help out the cause at UNC, drop me a line or
start by lending a hand here:

http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/northamerica/ChapelHill

We could use help... and funding. If you can put us in contact with
individuals or corporate representatives who could help bankroll our
Software Freedom Day activities (CDs won't burn themselves, after
all), please do email me directly.

Sorry for the derail,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer