[TriLUG] making Linux look like Windows XP

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 12:51:42 EDT 2007

On 6/13/07, Magnus <magnus at trilug.org> wrote:

> If he has any apprehension about doing this, perhaps he can run Ubuntu
> on the iron and the UNC Windows image in VMware.  So Windows is always
> there if some course requires it, but can safely be left stored away in
> some dark corner of the hard drive 99.9% of the time while working in a
> sane environment.

While this is a _great_ idea, I'm not sure how the ITRC people (the
people responsible for imagining the machines) would feel about a
VMware image that could potentially leak out to the world. I'll have
to talk to them and see if they'd be willing to let people do that.

Worst case scenario: he can go to Student Stores and _buy_ a copy of
Windows for $30 or so (he's already paid the licensing fee by getting
the CCI laptop, so a copy of the CD media is relatively cheap) and
then install that in VMware. I ended up doing just that at one point.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
administrator!!! please hope me!