[TriLUG] Bending Joomla ( or me )

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Thu Jun 14 09:11:24 EDT 2007

Folks,

I am hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction.

I am currently working on a Joomla website, and need to do something
that I can't seem to do "the Joomla way."

I am attempting to link from a "Content" page to a "Contact-type" item.
To be more explicit, I have a page on this site that contains some
biographical information about a person, and want to place a link on the
page that says "Contact This Person" ( sort of a work directory ).
Using the "Place a Link" button in my editor ( jCE ), I can create a
mailto link, but that only gives a blank e-mail message.  I would
_really_ like to be able to prompt the user for contact information as
well as some other things.  To get the contact information, I _may_ be
able to force them to be registered, but I don't think that that is the
complete solution.  Are there any extensions or even base modules that
you can suggest to help me with this?

Thank you,
Brian