[TriLUG] mysql.com account executive

stan briggs stanbriggs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 16:22:09 EDT 2007

all,

has anyone (especially recently) gotten what are, obviously, a mass mailing
from someone at mysql.com claiming(!) that they're responding to a question
that you have about mysql?

i got the below from these folks and am more-than-slightly perturbed by what
i consider to be SPAM:
<snippet>
Stan,
Just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know I just received
your message about needing more information regarding MySQL. You may
have specific needs that are different from others, so it might make
sense if we had a brief chat over the phone....would you be open to
that?

If you prefer to give me a call, that's fine too (919-341-8985).
Our call together would simply be a question-and-answer conversation
to learn more about your situation and your needs. Let me know your
thoughts.

Kind regards,
Sumeet

Sumeet Sood, Corporate Sales Rep
MySQL Inc, www.mysql.com
Office: 919-341-8985
Fax:     919-882-8136
</snippet>

is this merely mis-leading or is it SPAM?

thanks,
stan

--
Stan B. Briggs