[TriLUG] Job Post: OO PHP Developer

Brian Bell brian at facilitydude.com
Tue Jun 19 18:29:17 EDT 2007

My company is hiring! We're looking for a developer who has OO PHP
experience + competency in Linux administration.  I realize the location is
a little out of the norm, but it might be a nice change for some of you
Holly Springs/Fuquay-Varina folks that are tired of the RTP commute.

Also on TriangleHelpWanted.com -
http://regionalhelpwanted.com/Search/details_nav.cfm?SN=79&ID=24882

[image: The image]

*Do you want to work for a fast growing company?
Are you ready to work hard for an employer that is ready and willing to
invest in you?*

*Are you looking for a rewarding role with a great company?*

*If so, we want to hear from you!*

*About Us:*

*FacilityDude.com *provides online tools designed exclusively for the unique
needs of commercial facility professionals.   We are the sister company of
SchoolDude.com which is the nation's #1 provider of online tools designed
exclusively for the unique needs of educational facility professionals.
Backed by the industry's only Legendary Service Program, our broad suite of
web-native applications is revolutionizing the business of managing
commercial facilities. FacilityDude's online tools for facility management
offer easy to use, affordable solutions to help both small and large
commercial property companies save money, increase efficiency and improve
services. We are currently seeking a Web Application Developer to join our
US development team.

*Web Application Developer I*

*Job Summary:*

This individual needs to think fast, juggle multiple projects and solve
real-world problems with minimal assistance.  Programming responsibilities
include developing software according to specification and standards for a
growing web-based software suite.  The developer will be responsible for
implementing new product enhancements, performing basic server
administration and other related tasks as directed by supervisors or
management.  This position is located in Coats, N.C. and will be the primary
location for your daily responsibilities. Minimal travel is required for
this position but you should be prepared to travel up to 4 days per month.
In this role, you will be required to complete 3 professional development
courses, offered through Administaff, annually.

*Experience and Qualifications:*

   - Familiarity with object-oriented programming techniques and common
   design patterns**
   - Previous professional web application development.
   - Must be a self-starter; possess excellent communication and
   organizational skills along with the ability to work well under pressure.
   - Assist with the development of procedures and processes to improve
   operational efficiency.
   - Ability to manage multiple time-critical projects and provide status
   reporting as directed.
   - Experience finding and fixing bugs.
   - Possess good judgment, positive attitude and professional demeanor*.
   *
   - B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline.
   - Additional duties as assigned.

*Required Technical Skills*

   - Strong skills in web application components such as PHP5, SOAP,
   MySQL. (Python experience a plus.)**
   - Working knowledge of Linux in a production web hosting environment
   is a must. (ie. LAMP, Postfix, SSH, cron) **
   - Experience with web services a plus. (XML-SOAP & XML-RPC)**
   - Ability to work with on a team-developed code-base using Subversion*
   *
   - Dependable with excellent organizational skills (this includes your
   code!)**
   - Strong interpersonal skills and be flexible in a dynamic environment
   **

* *

*Benefits: *
FacilityDude.com values our employees and offers a comprehensive benefits
package and excellent salary.

*To Apply:*

To respond to this opportunity, please submit your resume to:
jobs at facilitydude.com <//jobs at facilitydude.com/>