[TriLUG] Compose key (or "How do I make that funky character?")

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:48:35 EDT 2007

Open kcontrol, find "Keyboard Layout" under "Regional &
Accessibility", Click the "xkb" tab, and look for "Compose key
position", choose the option you want, and save.  Then the directions
are the same as Kevin posted.

On 6/19/07, Alan Porter <porter at trilug.org> wrote:
> Kevin Otte wrote:
> > In a previous thread someone asked how to make an accented character.  I
> > thought I'd throw a quick tutorial out here.  These directions are for
> > GNOME, so they should work in the latest Ubuntu, RHEL, etc.
> >

> At the risk of starting a "tastes great" / "less filling" battle...
> How would one do this in KDE?
>

> Alan
>

> .

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com