[TriLUG] Job: Tools Development

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:45:22 EDT 2007

Howdy all,

I'm back again with a few more jobs.  I'm the hiring manager and I
have 2 positions that I need to hire for fairly quickly.  Let me know
if you have any questions.

Software Development on source code management tooling, including
Cisco's next generation source code management and collaboration
framework systems.  You will have the opportunity to work with some of
the leaders in the SCM industry and introduce innovative tooling, and
prototypes to a large customer base.  Responsibilities will be broad
based, and include: defining product requirements, participating in
proof of concepts/prototypes, researching industry standards,
developing tools to improve engineering workflow, working with Cisco's
next-gen initiatives such as cross-OS/Common linux/componentization
and engaging in customer deployments.

Skills required include:

- Perl, OO Perl, Java, Clearcase or other SCM systems

- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills

- Excellent communications

- Takes initiative

- Customer focus

- Strong team player

Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 3-4 years of related
experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 4-7+ yrs related experience.  (I
have flexibility on the experience, but in nearly all situations a 4
yr degree is required)