[TriLUG] Time Warner vs Wachovia?

Jason White jason at jw2.org
Wed Jun 20 23:35:07 EDT 2007

* Warren Weber (wrweber at hufta.net) [070620 22:55]:
> Anyone out there use Time Warner and bank with Wachovia?  Seems there was a
> problem yesterday (Tuesday) between noon and 3pm where Road Runner users in
> North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida were unable to connect with Wachovia
> (on-line banking, etc.).  Any idea what happened?  According to what I heard, it was
> a Time Warner thing.

It wasn't just Wachovia.  The AT&T Callvantage service and website
were out for everyone I talked to, as well as usamobility.com.  Not
sure if it's a coincidence, but both are 12 networks:

www.callvantage.att.com 12.194.240.20
www.usamobility.com     12.106.208.154

And, oddly enough, my Callvantage telephone adapter went dead
yesterday, so I called AT&T and they confirmed there was an "issue" with
TimeWarner and the Callvantage service/website.  They're sending me a
new TA.  (Oh, and for any Callvantage users out there -- they're no
longer using Linksys TA's, Dlink is what they use now).

Both of those sites worked just fine through $WORK, and my neighbors
DSL, but not TimeWarner.  My first thought at the time was the recent
news about TW's new traffic shaping policies...  Ugh.

Jason