[TriLUG] Has anyone used SSL-Explorer?

Kevin J. mrkevinj at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 12:00:56 EDT 2007

Perhaps SSH would do the trick:

http://3sp.com/kb/idx/0/033/article/Executing_Multiple_Commands_and_Processing_Shell_Output.html

----- Original Message ----
From: Daniel Bartholomew <plumcreek at gmail.com>
To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list <trilug at trilug.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 11:43:10 AM
Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Has anyone used SSL-Explorer?

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 07:13 -0700, Kevin J. wrote:
> It seems like this would be susceptible to a password attack
> if it's polling directly against AD for authentication. Do any
> of these work with two-way authentication mechanisms such as a
> RSA SecurID FOB?
>
> Kevin

I'm probably not the best person to answer this (seeing as I just
started playing with SSL-Explorer this morning) but in looking through
the authentication mechanisms listed in the extensions manager it
seems to support several --- client certificates, Active Directory,
local sytem accounts, usb-keys, LDAP, NIS, OTP/SMS, and RADIUS.

I don't know much about how any of these are implemented, but there
seem to be a lot of choices.

My main question now is whether or not I can script this. If we use it
we'll be adding and removing users often and each user will need
customized apps (i.e. a putty session to a specific port on a specific
server for just that user and no one else). If creating (and destroying)
apps is strictly a manual point-and-click affair then this solution is
probably unworkable.

>From what I've experienced so far in my couple hours of testing I am
impressed with how well it works and how easy it was to set up. It
would be a shame to have a lack of scriptability be its downfall.

--
Daniel Bartholomew