[TriLUG] Linux-based surveillance system suggestions

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:28:58 EDT 2007

When I set up Zoneminder I used Debian as the distro (only because it was
already on the machine to start with).  I didn't need a video capture card
as I was using only IP cameras.  If you have CCTV cameras I can't really
help out with a card recommendation, sorry.

Axis (again, not cheap) does make a one and four port CCTV to IP converter
that would work with Zoneminder (or I presume and other IP motion detection
system).

What kills me is Axis makes a video capture server but they don't sell it in
the USA, only Europe.  Oh well, roll your own is always fun to create.

Greg