[TriLUG] what are my wireless options?

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 12:27:21 EDT 2007

I have an old laptop (celeron, so-so harddrive, not very fast).  I need to
measure and track signal strength and noise from my wireless access points
as the beach.  I have a couple Orinoco 802.11b cards, which I think are
supported, and some Cisco 802.11b cards which I think are supported as well.

What can I use to track the signal and noise?  Does whatever package out
there that does this have a web interface that I could query from afar so I
could check the history over the Internet?

Greg