[TriLUG] Comparing RPM -qa / an easy way?

Wing D Lizard wingedlizard at nc.rr.com
Tue Jun 26 13:51:44 EDT 2007

first$   rpm -qa | sort > first_computer.lst

second$  rpm -qa | sort > second_computer.lst

$        diff  first_computer.lst second_computer.lst

btw with emacs you can run a shell on both boxes, remove the extra
lines, then use
`Alt-x ediff-buffers`  ( like vimdiff, only cooler)  to see the differences.

b²