[TriLUG] Moving beyond pine

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Jun 29 12:20:32 EDT 2007

Andrew Perrin wrote:
> All right folks, this is an advice request.
>
> I've been using pine for email since about 1992. I like certain things
> about it, but frankly I prefer GUI-ish mail interfaces such as
> thunderbird. What's holding me back are two minor but irritating, related
> issues:
>
> 1. I like pine's saved folder rule that puts outgoing email, by default,
> in a folder named after the recipient's email address (stripped of
> domain). This is very intuitive to me, and lets me quickly grep for
> whatever I need. I haven't seen other clients do this.

This is cool and I didn't realize pine had such a feature... how do you
enable this?  When I press "s" in pine it always defaults to
"saved-messages" .  I may have to move back to pine, from Thunderbird :-)

(Actually what I do right now is use a combination... Thunderbird
normally, but pine when I'm already in a screen window and don't feel
like firing up the GUI, or for when I'm not on my PC.)

--Jeremy