[TriLUG] Triangle Open Source Lab at 7 PM tonight - Video overIP broadcast address

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Mon Jul 2 06:19:29 EDT 2007

We carry the Axis product line:
http://www.neuse.net/products/surveillance/index.shtml

I did not record because I have no place to put 2 hours of digitized video.
Recording requires huge hard disk space.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks
tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net

Connecting You to the World since 1997

Behalf Of Kevin J.
> Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 9:30 PM
> To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list
> Subject: Re: [TriLUG] Triangle Open Source Lab at 7 PM tonight - Video
overIP broadcast
> address
>
> Jim,
> We have some LUG members interested in setting up a Linux-based webcam for
security.
> Did you record this event by any chance?
>
> Also, have you ever worked with the Panasonic Security Camera BB-HCM311A?
>
> Kevin

So, me thinks
> it would be prudent to focus on taking the new router out of the box,
setting the IPs,
> hooking up the PoE switch, connecting the Axis video over IP camera and
deciding on the
> meeting content for the next meeting based on who shows up.
>
> See you in a few.
> Jim
> ***
>
> This Thursday is the night (June 28 at 7 PM) for the next Triangle Open
Source Lab.  I'll
> bring an Axis Video over IP camera and tripod for those that wish to join
us virtually using
> a web browser (let me know if you are interested so I can send you the IP
and password
> when I find out what it is).
>
> We need to decide on a topic.  The existing poll results are here:

http://www.triangleopensource.org/index.php?option=com_poll&task=results&id=
15

> It would be nice to have an online discussion regarding topic so we know
in advance what
> we plan to do and make arrangements to have the proper equipment and
volunteers to lead
> the discussion lab.  Create an account from the front page of the web site
to post your view
> (all folks are configured as Joomla authors by default):
>
> http://www.triangleopensource.org
>
> Triangle Open Source Lab http://www.triangleopensource.org normally meets
on 4th
> Thursday evenings from 7 PM to 9 PM at Exploris in the room adjacent to
the IMAX
> theater.  Meetings are open to the general public and are free yet require
registration by
> calling Jim at 838-1672 or sending email to jim at neuse.net so we can plan
accordingly.
> Many thanks to Tim Hazlehurst at Exploris for hosting our meeting.
>
> I apologize for not having the ability to personally return all calls and
respond to all emails.
> Business has hit an all time ten year record high this month after a 20%
sustained growth
> over the last 18 months and after taking on a client in March with 20
sites scattered across
> the globe.  Plus, my 2 and 5 year olds demand lots of time.  Consequently,
it will be
> necessary for us to share responsibility for the continuity of the
Triangle Open Source Lab.
> Would anyone like to volunteer to meet perhaps quarterly over lunch or a
cold brew ha ha
> and form a steering committee responsible for future plans?  At a minimum,
it would be
> nice to have a few people that agree to facilitate each meeting on a
rotating basis (call to
> order, equipment set up and tear down, head count, agenda) since I know in
advance that I
> may be traveling out of town a couple of weeks at a time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim
>
> Jim Ray, President
> Neuse River Networks
> tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
> http://www.Neuse.Net
>
> Connecting You to the World since 1997
>
> PS Here's the info on Exploris:
> Exploris
> 201 E Hargett St
> Raleigh NC 27601
> Web Site: http://www.exploris.org
>
> Please sign up for the Triangle Open Source Lab discussion list in
addition to the blog
> (register for blog on front page of web site):

ce.org