[TriLUG] Benchmarking tools

howard.x.boyd at gsk.com howard.x.boyd at gsk.com
Mon Jul 9 10:05:58 EDT 2007

Roy:

You may want to have a look at nmon. This is a tool for AIX and Linux
performance monitoring.  Haven't used it specifically for HDD I/O
benchmarking but I believe it may do what you want. You can find info at
-> http://www-941.haw.ibm.com/collaboration/wiki/display/WikiPtype/nmon

Regards,

Howard

* Then I realized that it is good and proper for a man to
* eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome
* labor under the sun during the few days of life God has
* given him - for this is his lot. Moreover, when God gives
* any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to
* enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work -
* this is a gift of God. Ecclesiastes 5:18-19 NIV

"Roy Vestal" <rvestal at trilug.org>
Sent by: trilug-bounces at trilug.org
09-Jul-2007 09:51
Please respond to "Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list"
<trilug at trilug.org>

"Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list" <trilug at trilug.org>
cc

Subject
[TriLUG] Benchmarking tools

I'm looking a linux based benchmarking tool that's quick and easy to
setup for HDD I/O.

I've looked at LTP, but we're not looking to develop a tool, but a tool
that is already there...

thx

--
Roy Vestal