[TriLUG] Sound Processing

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Tue Jul 10 09:48:15 EDT 2007

I have an issue that has been causing me a great deal of grief over the
past while.

I have some sound files ( telephone recordings ) that have a VERY loud
60-Hz hum.  They are, at the moment MP3 files, but were WAVs coming out
of the recorder.

I am wondering if anybody has and bright ideas for inserting a
180 degree out of phase signal to cancel the hum, or any other ideas to
clean up these files.

( The hum seems to be being inserted inside my machine, although I am
willing to accept suggestions for correcting future meeting recordings,
as well as correcting the old recordings. )

Thanks,
Brian