[TriLUG] Shopping for new laptop...

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil OlsonE at aosa.army.mil
Wed Jul 11 15:28:08 EDT 2007

1) No issue with Intel or AMD. Same with single or dual core. I won't
comment on the AMD vs. Intel bit.
2) SATA isn't an issue.
3) Graphics. Same here, ATI vs. Nvidia. I've had more successes with
Nvidia than I have ATI.
4) Wireless. Broadcom is your best bet, although preferred is anything
Atheros / Prisim based.
5) RAM. If you're considering running vista, than you WANT 2gb or more
of RAM. You'll thank me later.