[TriLUG] Sound Processing

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 22:29:38 EDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Neil L. Little <nllittle at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I found the article...June 2007 QST, issue p59. Audio isolation can
> be achieved with just a $4 1:1 audio transformer radio shack part #
> 273-1374.
> This should eliminate the hum you are experiencing when recording.

You'll need two of them to do stereo and then associated connectors
to build the cable.  I actually have all of that since I bought it recently
to fix a ground loop hum in my ipod+power connection in my car.
I ended up, however, buying the exact same setup as a pre-built
cable ($19 at Radio Shack) and using that.  It provides two RCA
connectors on each end and has the audio isolation transformers
embedded in the middle of the cable.  That's probably your best
bet.

Cheers,
Tanner

--