[TriLUG] Help w/ wireless setup

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Jul 12 09:43:24 EDT 2007

Are you trying to use ndiswrapper for your driver? ndiswrapper calls the wnic
wlan whatever, while native drivers call it something else. If you don't want
ndiswrapper, remove it from your /etc/modprobe tree (or whatever it's called
in Ubuntu), and blacklist it in /etc/modprobe/blacklist or wherever.

Look for telltale messages in /var/log/messages.

Look for telltale messages in dmesg.

There are some wifi troubleshooting tips here:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/200612/200612.htm

HTH

SteveT