[TriLUG] Centos command line question

Mike Norwood norwoodm at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 13 16:35:19 EDT 2007

Hi,

I appreciate your reply. It is funny, because I tried this and it appeared
to work (even though I was sure I was already using linux as the term
variable), so I rebooted to see if it would work again and it did not.  I
tried to remember what else I might have done to change it, and finally
stumbled onto that I had run the command setfont from a remote session.

This appeared to fix it, so I added setfont to the end of rc.local and
when I reboot it now works and displays the way I prefer.  It is strange
because I am not giving setfont any parameters, so the only thing it is
supposed to be doing is loading the default font.  I can only assume that
somehow without running this, the system has loaded a font that does not
support bold.

Thanks again. Mike