[TriLUG] theoretical RAID question

Shawn William Taylor STaylor at torexretailna.com
Thu Jul 19 19:35:19 EDT 2007

You should be able to mirror the two disks. Don't mirror the two halves of
the same disk, your performance will be poor.

Shawn

"Warren Myers" <volcimaster at gmail.com>
Sent by: trilug-bounces at trilug.org
07/19/2007 07:16 PM
Please respond to
Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list <trilug at trilug.org>

"Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list" <trilug at trilug.org>
cc

Subject
[TriLUG] theoretical RAID question

Howdy

I've just bought a 500GB SATA drive for my desktop. And, yes, I'm probably
on crack for coming up with this, but I'm curious:

1) I'm probably going to buy a second in a few days, but I'm wondering if
you could partition the drive down to, say, 250G, and then RAID the halves
of it?

2) Or, to partition it in an identical fashion to the next one, then RAID
those together?

WMM