[TriLUG] theoretical RAID question

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:40:01 EDT 2007

That's kinda what I expected - that it's be *possible* but not *good*.

WMM

On 7/19/07, Shawn William Taylor <STaylor at torexretailna.com> wrote:

> You should be able to mirror the two disks. Don't mirror the two halves of
> the same disk, your performance will be poor.
>
> Shawn
>

> "Warren Myers" <volcimaster at gmail.com>
> Sent by: trilug-bounces at trilug.org
> 07/19/2007 07:16 PM
> Please respond to
> Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list <trilug at trilug.org>

> "Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list" <trilug at trilug.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> [TriLUG] theoretical RAID question
>

> Howdy
>
> I've just bought a 500GB SATA drive for my desktop. And, yes, I'm probably
> on crack for coming up with this, but I'm curious:
>
> 1) I'm probably going to buy a second in a few days, but I'm wondering if
> you could partition the drive down to, say, 250G, and then RAID the halves
> of it?
>
> 2) Or, to partition it in an identical fashion to the next one, then RAID
> those together?
>
> WMM

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2