[TriLUG] Compatibility

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:19:23 EDT 2007

On 7/27/07, Jason Watts <jsnonzzr at gmail.com> wrote:

> What do those on the lug suggest for ease of install and relativly cheap for
> 802.11g ?

Good. Open. Cheap.

Pick at most two.

That said, I've been going with Atheros in the recent past because
they seem to be plentiful, relatively cheap and work fine with
madwifi. Madwifi is significantly closer to free than using
ndiswrapper, but (because of a closed HAL for some chipsets) not
completely there last time I checked.

If you're really serious about a _completely_ open _laptop_ (not the
subject of your post, I know), consider signing up on the list
described in this blog post:

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/131

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: