[TriLUG] READ CAREFULLY: August 15, 2007 TriLUG **Chapel Hill** Meeting - Linux Video Editing w/ Joey Carr

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:49:30 EDT 2007

/me guesses it's because of when UNC space was available... but has no real
idea

WMM

On 7/31/07, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, is this (to use calendar parlance) an "all-day event"
> or does it actually have defined starting and ending times?  The
> message seems to leave those out.
>
> Also, out of curiosity, how did you arrive at the "Wednesday following
> the TriLUG meeting" date?  I don't want to second guess anyone
> (and, btw, props for expanding TriLUG meetings!), but my first expectation
> would have been for something like a full week after the TriLUG meeting
> or perhaps the 4th Thursday (i.e. 2nd and 4th Thursdays) instead of a
> Wenesday.  But, as I said, this question is just asked in simple
> curiosity.  Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Tanner
>
> On 7/31/07, Andrew C. Oliver <acoliver at buni.org> wrote:
> > read carefully...because I don't want you to get this meeting confused
> > with our other meeting this month on the 8th.  This is something new
> > we're trying.  If it is a success we'll make it a regular occurrence.
> >
> > The first <a href="http://trilug.org">TriLUG</a> monthly Chapel Hill
> > meeting will take place on August 15, 2007 at <a
> > href="http://sils.unc.edu/about/visit.html">Manning Hall on UNC
> > Campus</a>.  The talk is on Linux video editing, given by Joey Carr.
> >
> > The talk will introduce the capabilities of several of the most basic
> > tools in linux video production (kino/dvgrab, cinelerra, ffmpeg, and
> > mencoder).  Other tools and multimedia-focused Linux distributions will
> > be discussed.  A basic production workflow will be demonstrated for
> > video capture via IEEE 1394 (i.e. Firewire), and editing in Kino.
> > Finally, options for DVD authoring will be covered in brief.
> >
> > Joey previously worked as a Java developer and later as a business
> > analyst for a medical informatics application service provider.  He
> > recently returned to UNC to study film and video production in the
> > department of Communication Studies.  He is currently working for <a
> > href="http://ibiblio.org">iBiblio</a> on their video speaker and other
> > projects.
> >
> > -Andy
> > --
> > Buni Meldware Communication Suite
> > http://buni.org
> > Multi-platform and extensible Email,
> > Calendaring (including freebusy),
> > Rich Webmail, Web-calendaring, ease
> > of installation/administration.
> >
> > --

> Tanner Lovelace
> clubjuggler at gmail dot com
> http://wtl.wayfarer.org/
> (fieldless) In fess two roundels in pale, a billet fesswise and an
> increscent, all sable.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2