[TriLUG] READ CAREFULLY: August 15, 2007 TriLUG **Chapel Hill** Meeting - Linux Video Editing w/ Joey Carr

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:44:34 EDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm.. 6pm likely puts it completely out of reach of anyone who
> works in Cary or Raleigh attending.

Originally we had scheduled for 16:00, but we talked with the
presenter and pushed it back for precisely the reason you note.
Unfortunately 18:00 was as late as we could start for several reasons.
Fortunately this is the first such event we're having this year, so
we're not settled into a time/place/etc and can take such feedback
into account next time. Furthermore, this was intended as a complement
to standard TriLUG meetings and as such it seems appropriate to have
different venue, time, day, etc. to reach a wider audience. 18:00 is
actually fairly _late_ for many would-be attendees who work on campus,
for example.

If you or others are interested in helping facilitate
more/better/other events under the TriLUG banner, I suggest you join
us for a session at BarCampRDU that can tackle precisely that.

BTW, thanks to ibiblio.org for making this meeting possible. Room
reservation, the speaker, etc. would not have been possible without
support from ibiblio staff.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: