[TriLUG] PCI graphics card recommendation

Glenn Hennessee Glenn_Hennessee at ncsu.edu
Wed Aug 1 13:08:33 EDT 2007

I'm putting together a linux (KUBUNTU) workstation for doing x-ray
crystallography for some people here at work. The computer is nothing
fancy, 800 MHz PIII but it only has the i810 graphics on the
motherboard. I'm seeing video lockups, that only a reboot fixes.
Googling tells me that that are problems with the i810 drivers that can
result in this sort of behavior. Can someone recommend a PCI (not AGP,
no AGP slot) graphics card for this beast?

Thanks.
glenn

--
Glenn Hennessee