[TriLUG] looking for advice for physically small PC for router, dhcpd/named, firewall

Kevin J. mrkevinj at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 13:47:32 EDT 2007

Any idea how well m0n0wall works with a Soekris AP? We're looking at putting up a wifi hotspot in a low-income subdivision with a single (3mb/384kb) DSL for connectivity. I've been getting recommendations to install a 54G (or 54L, rather) with DD-WRT. Is there a better way of doing this perhaps? It may end up being an outdoor unit sitting on a pole, but we haven't done the site survey yet.

Kevin

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein