[TriLUG] Linux Notebook / OT: Windows Experience Index

Tom Eisenmenger teisenmenger at charter.net
Mon Aug 6 12:18:11 EDT 2007

Hi Anderson,

Thanks for the tip!  Unfortunately, part of the justification for a
new notebook is that I feel I have to at least be familiar with Vista
so that I can intelligently answer student and/or client questions
about it.  As it stands, I purchased a Gateway MT-6841, have already
wiped it and reinstalled Vista in a smaller partition to get rid of
the crapware in one fell swoop.  Next is to install Mint Linux, my
current fave.

Thanks for everyone's help and comments!

Tom