[TriLUG] Vista can't play a DVD I bought: Revolution OS

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:33:23 EDT 2007

From my blog:

http://pebkac.homelinux.net/2007/08/07/vista-dvd-player-crashes-vlc-to-the-rescue/

"[...] The classroom [..] PCs were all recently switched to Windows
Vista. The computer in this particular classroom was an Alienware
(!?!) PC. When we arrived, we stuck the DVD of Revolution OS in the
DVD drive and Vista automatically fired up DVD player software…. which
crashed hard..."

See the link for the exciting Open Source conclusion. ;-)

Note the first comment, which includes a screenshot of the borkage.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: