[TriLUG] intel's naming conventions as of late.. I'm confused

Lee elfick at mac.com
Fri Aug 10 10:05:00 EDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Greg Brown wrote:

> First there was the Intel Core Solo then the Core Duo.  I got it
> there...
> Then the Core 2 Duo came along and now there is a Core 2 Duo
> Extreme.  At
> first I thought this was a quad core but it's not.  At least I
> don't think
> so.
>
> Does anyone know what makes it "extreme"?
>
> Greg
>
> ..back to google.

First google hit for "intel core 2 extreme" :

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/core2xe/index.htm

On the right side of that page is a Compare Desktop Products link
that you can use to compare it like this:

http://compare.intel.com/pcc/showchart.aspx?
mmID=884350,890642,888505&familyID=1&culture=en-US

-Lee