[TriLUG] Code of Conduct

James Olin Oden james.oden at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 11:37:25 EDT 2007

<snip>
> However, even as well-adjusted grown-ups, we all tend to have the
> occasional moment of passion, where we allow our feelings to overtake
> our logic and diplomacy, and end up turning to inflammatory words and
> personal attacks.  Sometimes those passionate moments last for a single
> message; other times they may last for an entire thread.  I believe
> having a CoC, while it *should* all represent things we take for
> granted, could be a useful tool (when wielded respectfully) to snuff a
> bit of the flames that will inevitably flare up from time to time.
Not really.  You can just say, "Your out of line".  You don't need a
documente to reference.  Repeated infractions can incur banishment, as
the person clearly doesn't take the health of the community seriously.

Oh, my favorite curse is an Irish one:

   May the cat eat you and may the divil it the cat

Which is a round about way of saying something else (-;

Cheers...james