[TriLUG] Code of Conduct

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 11:47:45 EDT 2007

On 8/13/07, James Olin Oden <james.oden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not really.  You can just say, "Your out of line".  You don't need a
> documente to reference.  Repeated infractions can incur banishment, as
> the person clearly doesn't take the health of the community seriously.

James, take a look back in the archives several years ago when I,
on several occasions, tried to indicate that some posts were on topic.
I was severely jumped on and told I was being dictatorial and that
because I was on the SC it felt like I was oppressing people.  Now,
given that, how likely do you think people will actually go out on a limb
and do that.  Since that time, I have tried to stick to pointing people
to relevant sections in the FAQ.  Having a CoC will just be another
tool to be used.

Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace