[TriLUG] Code of Conduct

J.C. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Mon Aug 13 12:28:29 EDT 2007

Magnus and all,

you wrote --- " It is particularly troubling to me that at least one of
the people who will be given teeth by this CoC is likely guilty of
provoking quite a lot of trouble himself."

There have been times when answers to my questions on the list were
either rude or bordering on a flame, but like most adults -- I got over
it.  It might have been  the same person that you are referring to.

The list is an invaluable source of information for me.( I don't
consider myself to be an expert on Linux, networking, etc, but I want to
learn )  I would hate to see it further degraded with numerous
references to CoC. ( or maybe even threats, cease & desist ORDERS ). It
just seems so out of place for Trilug.

I, personally, don't see where this code of conduct is going to be useful.

jcj

--
Visit my weblog at: http://www.wendellgeek.com/weblog/

Webmaster for: