[TriLUG] Code of Conduct

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:38:07 EDT 2007

On 8/13/07, Jim Ray <jim at neuse.net> wrote:
> Here's the code we use at IEEE:
> http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/ethics/code_ethics.html
>
> Here's another one we use at Rotary:
> http://www.rotary.org/aboutrotary/4way.html

While I respect the spirit in which these are offered, I think we made
a reasonable choice in basing our proposed CoC on that of the Ubuntu
Community. There are many and obvious parallels between that
organization and our own. Still, there may be helpful elements in the
above. Could you please point us to the particular elements that you
believe should be taken from either the IEEE or Rotary sites for
inclusion in our proposed CoC? Personally I think the two sites will
be much more helpful when we consider the Leadership Code of Conduct
next month.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: