[TriLUG] Code of Conduct

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Mon Aug 13 16:15:24 EDT 2007

Greg Brown wrote:
> Is this a preemptive troll strike?  Have we really had problems of this
> magnitude in the past?

And if so, no CoC is going to help.  It'll give ground rules for
chucking a troll out of the list and revoking their TriLUG privileges,
but nothing can prevent them from coming back under the guise of assume
identities to continue their reign of terror, as it were.

I've suffered through managing mailing lists where people were removed
for trolling only to come back under assumed aliases and even in one
case, multiple aliases at once, just so said person could create their
own multi-way conversation to derail the ongoing list discussions.  It
was ugly.

No CoC is going to stop a troll.  Only the maturity, patience, and
discipline of the list membership can overcome a troll.

--[Lance]

--
 GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9
 CACert.org Assurer