[TriLUG] Trilug Kode of Kondukt

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Tue Aug 14 07:14:13 EDT 2007

Allen Freeman wrote:

> Strictly speaking the concept of a comittee-approved code of conduct
> is profoundly insulting, the implication being we're all children who
> need the rules posted in the playground otherwise things get out of
> hand.

See, there's these crazy things we have out here in the real world. We
call them laws.  They are a code that define our conduct as citizens.
The LUG is its own community, or world if you will, so it only stands to
reason that it has its own code.

> I'd say it's time to be profoundly insulted then.

Well, Allen, you and many others have indeed insulted me and the rest of
this list.

I am insulted as both a member and former leader that when election time
came and went, so few people stood up to actually lead and be a force
for change that we barely had enough nominees for the election.

I am insulted as both a member and former leader that when the current
leadership submits a force for positive change, they are met with
ridicule and a complete lack of logic.

But mostly I am insulted that many of the names I have seen in this
discussion belong to people who have not set one foot in the meeting
hall in a good long time.

--

Now cooler heads say in times like these to take some time, think it
over, maybe even sleep on it.  This thread has gone over 200 messages in

It is therefore with a heavy heart announce that this will be my last
post to this mailing list for some time.  I am unsubscribing after this
post is out.  My involvement with this organization is intended to be a
fun and pleasant experience, but every time I think about it lately I
simply get a headache.

I value the friends I have made through this organization, and hope I
continue to stay in touch with them directly.  I will probably continue
to attend meetings either in person or via the teleconference I helped
to create.  I simply feel I can contribute nothing more to this
particular venue.  Goodbye.

-- Kevin