[TriLUG] Trilug Kode of Kondukt

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:18:26 EDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The group has policed itself very well over the last few years...

I keep hearing this, and I respect TriLUG's view to police itself if
it's truly going to do it.  But when I hear one member call another "a
complete douche" or to STFU, I have some doubts.

I guess what I can't understand is the outright animosity I'm seeing
over this CoC.  Rather than hearing from a bunch of people that the
CoC is unnecessary, I've heard "ridiculous," "silly," and even
experienced some personal attacks.  That's uncool and beneath this
great organization.

Let's figure this out.  If the CoC isn't what TriLUG wants, I'm cool
with that.  At this point, if you're willing to identify yourself (to
make sure we don't have people voting more than once), then I'm
willing to take votes any way I can get them.  Email, text msg, armpit
farts, whatever. We're a tech organization and I'm willing to be
flexible.

All I ask is that you read the CoC and make an informed judgment.
Don't write it off as a stupid concept.  that's not the point.  Vote
for or against.  Abstainers can also send me their thoughts (in the
words of Rush, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a
choice").

Let's get back to being the LUG that rocks.  Let's stop being dicks to
each other.  If anyone has a real problem with me, let's get together
for a beer.  Today.  I'm buying.  You just tell me where.

Still subscribed,
Matt Frye