[TriLUG] Trilug Values / Principles list (was: Trilug Kode of Kondukt )

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 10:53:20 EDT 2007

Alan Porter wrote:

> I don't think the Code of Conduct is silly.
>
> I *do* like Çrístôbäl's suggestion that this positive statement might
> not be the best place for an "enforcement" clause.

I agree with that, and will throw in a related suggestion. How about
we keep the positive stuff about "respect one another, seek
collaboration, etc.", drop anything about penalties and enforcement
and rename the thing the "Trilug Statement of Values" or "Statement
of Principles" or something along those lines?   That way it's not
insulting to people who feel like they don't need some code to
tell them how to behave, but it still gives us a document with
a list of principles / values to rally around.

Note that doing this would not prevent the SC from acting
to curb abuses in the future by revoking mailing lists posting
privileges, etc., if a situation arose that required that sort
of intervention.  We can do that now, as I understand it, even
without the Code of Conduct.

TTYL,

Phil