[TriLUG] Code of Conduct

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:08:41 EDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/14/07, Israel J. Pattison <pattison at usa.com> wrote:
> > Um, Tanner?  If we already have a CoC, why do we need a new one?
>
> Did you actually read the URLs?  Have you compared what they
> say with recent conduct on the list?  Do you not see a breakdown
> between what they say and behavior that has recently occurred?
>
> Tanner
> --

Everyone on the list is all up in arms, hackles up and feeling a bit
hostile.  I, for one, feel like this policy is being shoved down upon us:
"conform or be kicked out" is what it feels like.

I've been a part of this group for a long time but this just doesn't feel
right.  It feels like something that was discussed behind closed doors and
simply presented to the list as an inevitability.