[TriLUG] Time to Fork TriLUG?

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Tue Aug 14 22:56:08 EDT 2007

> Should we be having smaller more localized (and locally run) groups in
> each of the various towns in the area?  Should these new groups be run
> as professional organizations or as loose groups of friends?  And
> shouldn't these groups be answering their own questions at the local
> level rather than falling under the umbrella of this huge mothership
> organization two counties away?
>
> I'm not saying I have any definitive answers to any of these, except
> that we ought to be considering the possibility that we're overlooking
> what could be the most peaceful resolution to all of the challenges the
> LUG faces today: a fork.

I don't think we vote on a fork.  I though you just do that Magnus.  I'm
  not for the CoC myself, but have been working to organize said
"mothership" connected meetings in Chapel Hill and soon Durham.  Nothing
is stopping you from arranging you own Magnus-viewpoint-aligned-group
and I encourage you to do so if you feel it is necessary!  And just so
we're clear: I mean this sincerely to you or anyone else who feels that
way.

I don't and favor an ever expanding TriLUG with ever-expanding number of
meeting places and a greater number of recorded sessions for those who
can't make it.  I think there is room for everyone in TriLUG so long as
they are able to act like adults and that doesn't mean stodgy.  I don't
think we need a code of conduct, just more aggressive action (which
we've been doing).  I know you don't favor that either, but I think we
have a majority who do at the moment.  Sure "delete it" is a first line
of defense but so is "guys let's try and improve this list a bit" is
acceptable as well.  I think "vote with your feet" is lame in this case.

-Andy "one person" Oliver

--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
http://buni.org