[TriLUG] MEETING REMINDER: MEETING IN CHAPEL HILL TONIGHT!!!

Andy acoliver at buni.org
Wed Aug 15 03:12:38 EDT 2007

Okay guys,

I'm writing this from Kuopio, Finland...so please have some
understanding on why I got my timezones so mixed up.  I actually thought
it had already past...but doh!  Also note that we don't have a sponsor
(that I know of) for this meeting:

The first <a href="http://trilug.org">TriLUG</a> monthly Chapel Hill meeting will
take place at 18:00 until 20:00 on Wednesday, August 15, 2007 in room 208 at
The talk is on Linux video editing, given by Joey Carr.

The talk will introduce the capabilities of several of the most basic tools in
linux video production (kino/dvgrab, cinelerra, ffmpeg, and mencoder).  Other
tools and multimedia-focused linux distributions will be discussed.  A basic
production workflow will be demonstrated for video capture via IEEE 1394 (i.e.
Firewire), and editing in Kino.  Finally, options for DVD authoring will be
covered in brief.

Joey previously worked as a Java developer and later as a business analyst
for a medical informatics application service provider.  He recently
returned to UNC to study film and video production in the department of
Communication Studies.  He is currently working for
projects.