[TriLUG] [OT] iSCSI SAN recomendations

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil OlsonE at aosa.army.mil
Wed Aug 15 08:13:02 EDT 2007

Chris,

Coming from someone who's implemented both EMC (CX300 / CX700), and
NetApp (FAS270c / FAS3020), I'd have to say you'd be better off going
with NetApp for a few reasons:

- You can do iSCSI, IP, FC
- A tray of disks is considerably cheaper than EMC's
- +++++++++++++++For backups you can take advantage of data
deduplication
- Their SNAPs take up a lot less space than EMC's
- Their interface is fairly simple, and only launches java when
absolutely necessary, whereas EMC's launches java from the start.

Currently, we have a CX700 maxed out ...and are slowly migrating that to
the 3020.