[TriLUG] [OT] Common Public Attribution License / Open Source Initiative

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 14:23:52 EDT 2007

Magnus wrote:

> Unfortunately they own the trademark to the term "Open Source".
>
> It would be interesting to see a more openly run group coin a related
> trademark with a narrower definition and operate more transparently.

Yeah, I had that same thought.  What would be a good trademark though?
How about "Free Source?" "Real Open?"  "Something Else?"

Or maybe just adopt the FSF's ideology and throw much support behind
"Free Software."  Heck, maybe those guys were right all along and the
goal should be an all GPL'd world...

TTYL,

Phil