[TriLUG] Disk Wipers

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Aug 19 22:37:55 EDT 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007 17:17, Douglas Ward wrote:
> That's what I use it for.  I shred /dev/devicename.  I usually shred
> the device three times (and write zeroes on the fourth pass).  If
> that's not a good solution I need to find something else.  Is there
> anything better?

Assuming you no longer need to use the disk (and if you needed to use it you
wouldn't need to wipe it), I take it out in the driveway and erase its
contents with a 24 ounce hammer. I don't quit until no part of the former
platters is bigger than a square centimeter. Anyone who can put that back
together is welcome to my identity.

SteveT