[TriLUG] Migrating Gallery (was mysql question)

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Mon Aug 20 08:31:09 EDT 2007

Somewhere in the development of MySQL, I'm not sure which exact version,
they changed up the encryption of passwords in the mysql user table.
Migrating a mysql install from an older version to a new/current version
of MySQL requires you to update the passwords using the new encryption
technology or use the old_password function to re-enter the passwords
using the old technology properly stored in the "new" tables.

I've had to make this correction several times over the last year or so.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
 Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/