[TriLUG] Using a cloning device on Red Hat

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 07:59:56 EDT 2007

I'll also point out that Disk to Disk clone for identical disks should work
fine but one will run into trouble when attempting to clone an OS installed
to a particular partition into a different partition or label. Have to fixup
initrd and fstab. Finally, cloning a disk partition to a thumb drive
requires putting wait states in initrd's init if using Fedora. Works for
Ubuntu and SUSE as their initrd scripts are more complicated.

Tim