[TriLUG] SEO Question

David Brain dbrain at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:16:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

On 8/31/07, Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp at pobox.com> wrote:

> I like the reverse proxy idea, but make sure the blogging application
> can handle it okay... some apps will try to self-generate redirects and
> other non-relative links that could cause problems.

Yes, that can be the tricky bit - we have a MediaWiki set up like
this, and it's not given me any problems other than the setup, which
was a bit entertaining (as I was also trying to get  the
/wiki/article_name thing working simultaneously), and did involve some
hacking of the application conf files, and some mod_rewrite fun on the
wiki's apache server too.

David.