[TriLUG] (~OT) RoadRunner Network Config

Craig Taylor ctalkobt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:30:47 EDT 2007

I recently had a RR-Net install (with Voice - AT&T is going down-hill
quick).  The installer took over 3 hours so I left after a bit of time. He
claimed that the RR device was a simple plug-and-go ... as long as I had my
router set to DHCP (WRT-54llg v6) it should work.

It doesn't.

He also claims there is no config address to configure the cable modem. I'm
using the 192.168.0.X network instead of the standard 192.168.1.X and
suspect that it my problem. I'll try changing it when I get home later
tonight. He claimed it works with his laptop (Win XP) direct I told my wife
to send him home.

What RR net config stuff should I know about?

Thanks,

- Craig Taylor