[TriLUG] (~OT) RoadRunner Network Config

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:39:15 EDT 2007

you have to run it the *first* time direct connection
after that, you *might* (though this shouldn't *still* apply) need to clone
your MAC address to the router

WMM

On 9/5/07, Craig Taylor <ctalkobt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently had a RR-Net install (with Voice - AT&T is going down-hill
> quick).  The installer took over 3 hours so I left after a bit of time. He
> claimed that the RR device was a simple plug-and-go ... as long as I had
> my
> router set to DHCP (WRT-54llg v6) it should work.
>
> It doesn't.
>
> He also claims there is no config address to configure the cable modem.
> I'm
> using the 192.168.0.X network instead of the standard 192.168.1.X and
> suspect that it my problem. I'll try changing it when I get home later
> tonight. He claimed it works with his laptop (Win XP) direct I told my
> wife
> to send him home.
>
> What RR net config stuff should I know about?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Craig Taylor

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2